Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Home Movies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

Home Movies Empty
PostSubject: Home Movies   Home Movies EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:17 pm

This last Monday, I started watching movies about my family from when I was 8 months old to when I was 8 years old. Watching those videos, I noticed a couple things...

1. I was a DAMN cute kid.
2. Things have changed so much...

Its weird to have forgotten what you used to be like. I always only saw myself as a shy quiet kid. Turns out, I was much smarter, open, and jovial kid, than I ever would have guessed.

Also, I was BLOND and I was skinny!

I'm watching, right now, a play I did when I was in the first grade. In it is the FIRST girl I ever had a crush on. Kristyn Donnelly... I would follow her around like a puppy.

Its also sad seeing pets and family that have passed away over the years. So many loved ones I took for granted. Now, I'd give anything for a minute with any of those pets, or family members.

For the last few years, since I went to CSU and decided I wasn't smart enough to be a biologist, I had a difficult time discovering who I was. Watching these videos is almost like a time machine. It doesn't take away any of the mistakes, but it shows me what I use to dream and the spirit I lost somewhere along the way.

I don't really know why I'm posting this, other than because I had to write these thoughts and feelings somewhere.

The emotions with this... it's part nostalgia, part sentimental, part archaeological dig, and lots of understanding.

I'm now watching my cousin, a new born (now 16). Anyone that has family videos of themselves, I suggest they go watch. Amazing...
Back to top Go down
Craigzilla
Hunter of Dead
Craigzilla

Home Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Movies   Home Movies EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:44 pm

Nick W wrote:
Anyone that has family videos of themselves, I suggest they go watch. Amazing...

I honestly wish I could, but unfortunately all of our home movies are on VHS and we don't own a VCR, just our Blu-Ray player (and yes by having a Blu-Ray player I have a larger penis than everyone....it's a law or something....you automatically get a bigger penis each time you aquire a new electronic device).

I still have the tapes though. I just may start hitting some yard/garage sales looking for an old VCR now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.craigdeboardart.com
Nick W
Hunted
Nick W

Home Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Movies   Home Movies EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:15 pm

My aunt is going to get a vhs/dvd converter. They're still pricey though.

It got sad when I watched us bringing home young, baby animals that are now starting to pass away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Home Movies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home Movies   Home Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Home Movies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Hunt the Dead :: Closed Threads-
Jump to: