Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No Outlet; Dead End

Go down 
+4
Kyria
Jon
Mathias
Amber Stone
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

No Outlet; Dead End Empty
PostSubject: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:52 am

It had been a few days since Amber took residence in the farm house. She had barricaded the windows as best as she could, and held up well. The undead would attack randomly. Sometimes they wouldn't attack the whole day. Sometimes, Amber couldn't believe she wasn't bit.

The early morning sun lit up the upstairs bedroom. Amber shied away from the light. She sat on the bed, a longsword and a pistol next to her.

One more uneventful night. Amber dragged herself off the bed, and down to the main floor. She put a small pot over a fire. The tea was the only thing she had to wake herself up.

While the pot heated, she went about her tasks. She checked the weapons, the ammunition, the barricades, scouted for undead (none at the moment), and headed down into the cellar. It was fortunate that this cellar was so cold. She found a room tucked away that was literally freezing inside. Her food stocks were good. Thanks to the farmer, his family, and Amber's servants.

Now, all Amber had to do... was wait. Though, she didn't know what she was waiting for.
Back to top Go down
Mathias
Fresh Meat
Mathias

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:59 am

Mathias ran. he was positive he had lost the horde now.

He had been running for the last half hour, from a huge horde and had finally been able to lose them. He had killed a few but he knew if he stayed to fight them too long, he wouldn't have survived.

Now he was safe....for the time being....and saw a farm house ahead.

He made his way to the farm house, and found the front door and stepped inside.
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 1:46 pm

Amber was still in the cellar, when she heard steps on the main floor. She froze and listened...

She slowly grabbed her longsword and slowly, carefully, headed for the stairs. She couldn't hear much anymore. It was quiet up there. No moaning... no clawing... no voices though, either.

Amber started up the steps. She was halfway up, almost able to see a head... She was anxious to see what was up there, and she pressed too hard on a step.

The floor under Amber creaked loud enough for Dead Town to hear.

"Dammit..." she said under her breath.
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Dys ran hard, wheezing as he went. He whacked and thwacked zombies as he moved, deceptively quick for the short pudgy man he was. He cleared the hill, finally, and saw a farm. Salvation!

He back flipped over a lurching zombie, but missed his footing and started sliding quickly down the hill, plowing through all zombies in his way! The ground flattened abruptly and he started stumbling towards the house.

He ran straight into the door and knocked over a darkling, "Oh, hullo there mister. How are things?" he asked from on top of Mathias...
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyMon Jul 27, 2009 9:09 pm

Jon wrote:
"Oh, hullo there mister. How are things?" he asked from on top of Mathias...

Amber clearly heard the voice. She poked her head up enough to see through the stair's railing. A live riverfolk was on a live darkling. Amber didn't like this. She didn't know who these two were.

Unfortunately, she didn't have a gun...

Of course, the weapons crate was just at the head of the stairs. She saw a rifle, and slowly carefully crept up towards it...
Back to top Go down
Mathias
Fresh Meat
Mathias

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 11:01 am

Jon wrote:
Dys ran hard, wheezing as he went. He whacked and thwacked zombies as he moved, deceptively quick for the short pudgy man he was. He cleared the hill, finally, and saw a farm. Salvation!

He back flipped over a lurching zombie, but missed his footing and started sliding quickly down the hill, plowing through all zombies in his way! The ground flattened abruptly and he started stumbling towards the house.

He ran straight into the door and knocked over a darkling, "Oh, hullo there mister. How are things?" he asked from on top of Mathias...

Mathias grabbed the Riverfolk and shoved him off.

"Touch me again and I'll cut off the tips of each finger you have Riverfolk," he said.

He softly shut the door behind him.

"Who are you? No, don't answer. I don't care. There's a horde out there somewhere, and we need to stay quiet so they don't hear us in here. If you alert them to our presence, I will not kill you. I will cut off your arms and beat you with them."

Mathias glanced out a window again checking to see if he could see the horde at all.
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 3:44 pm

The darkling was yelling so much, Amber didn't know if Mathias had seen her or not. She charged up the remaining steps and grabbed a rifle.

"Stop!" she demanded. She kept her voice low to keep the dead from hearing, but her voice was strong.

"And who do you think you are?" she asked pointing the rifle at Mathias.

"You sure as hell better not have lead the stiffs here!"
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Dys looked at Mathias, then amber, then finally the gun. "Well," the riverfolk said, "Things aren't looking good for you," he said matter o' factly.

He looked out the window, watching the zombies mill about outside. He looked worriedly at amber, who was angry by the zombies being there. He had to think of a way to keep himself from being blamed... but how?

I GOT IT! He thought

He pointed at Mathias, "HE DID IT! HE DID IT! He lead 'em here! I saw it all!"

Perfect plan, executed flawlessly
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 pm

"Hush!" Amber looked through the window and saw a group of zombies on the farm grounds.

"Perfect. It was clear minutes ago," she said, bitter. "I don't care who did what, but if either of you two think you're gonna hide in here with me, you better have a damn good reason."

She kept the gun aimed at the darkling. The riverfolk didn't worry her, but there was something about the darkling, more so than other darklings...

"I don't think I like you," she said bluntly.
Back to top Go down
Mathias
Fresh Meat
Mathias

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 10:01 am

"I don't think I care," Mathias replied to the woman.

"He turned away and started looking around the room. Is there a back door here? We'll need more than one exit if we're all going to hold out here together," he said.
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 3:02 pm

Amber relaxed herself a bit, but kept the gun aimed at the darkling.

"Yes, there is a back door. There's also a barn and stables. Feel free to make yourselves comfortable in one of them."

(OOC: I'll go ahead and throw the building maps up. They're not very impressive, but they get the point across I think)
Back to top Go down
Mathias
Fresh Meat
Mathias

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 3:59 am

Mathias stepped in front of the woman and gently put his hand to the side of the barrel and pushed it aside so it was aimed at the Riverfolk instead, all while never taking his eyes off of her.

"I'm quite comfortable where I am," he said in a callous manner.
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 am

Dys looked around him, the house was pretty small, but wasn't to bad. "I'm comfortable too," he said with a smile, which quickly dissipated when he saw the gun pointed at him. He panicked, he started sweating furiously, breathing heavily, teeth chattering. He was gonna get shot!

Dys then fainted...
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:56 pm

Ambert pulled away from Mathias.

"Back off, dark-skin! Try any funny and I won't hesitate to turn you into slip cover for the sofa."

She backed away towards the back window and gazed out.

"There aren't many. We could kill the ones out there, and try to keep things quiet... You aren't boarding here without being useful."
Back to top Go down
Mathias
Fresh Meat
Mathias

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:35 pm

"Useful," Mathias smirked.

"OK....."he kicked Dys hard rousing him.

"Wake up. See if there's any food in this house," Mathias ordered the Riverfolk.

"Listen. I'm telling you, quit aiming the gun at me. If I wanted to kill you, you'd have been dead already. My name is -- my name isn't important. I outran a horde on my way here and they're still out there. You shoot me with that gun, you may be rid of me, but they'll infest this place. They don't like noise. Now if we have to hold out here together is there a way to get on the roof? Putting the riverfolk there would be a good idea. He can keep a look out while we figure out what the hell we're gonna do to get out of here and get to a town where it's safe."
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 1:54 am

Amber finally lowered the gun. Once she heard the darkling discuss a plan, she felt at ease.

"There's four bedrooms upstairs, an altar room, and a cellar bellow. There's rations in the freezer to last a few days, if need be, but I'd very much like to return home."

She then pointed the gun at the riverfolk and pulled the trigger...

*Click*

"I should put some ammo in these."

She placed the gun near the weapons crate.

"The small one can climb a ladder in the barn to get to the barn's roof, if you want. There's no hatches in the farmhouse."
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:30 am

Jadyn reached the edge of the cornfield, peeking through the tall stalks she saw zombies roaming around. "GREAT!" She whispered as she scanned the grounds seeing the multiple buildings.

The barn was the closest. So she waited a moment, bidding her time till she thought she would be able to get into the barn.

She ran out and hid behind a nearby tree then ran on behind the barn. She pressed her body against the building and moved around the corner of the side and moved on til she reached the corner of the front where she peered around.

"Son of a..." She said leaning her head up against the building, seeing the zombies moving about. She pulled a resolute breath and took off running down the front of the barn and entered through the door.

"Now what?" She said in frustration. Then to add to that frustration there were a bunch of zombies after her.

She saw a ladder leading up to the loft and a hatch above that. Giving a quick glance over her shoulder she quickly climbed the ladder, making it to the top just as the pack got there and was also scaling the ladder. "Sorry guys, but I really can do without your company." She kicked the ladder away from her, knocking it to the ground.

She opened the hatch and got up on the roof and closed the hatch. She then threw herself down to lay on her stomach. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea."

(OCC: Did I forget to mention she's acrophobic? Razz )
Back to top Go down
Jon
Fresh Meat

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:18 pm

Dys managed not to faint as the gun was repointed at him, after finding out the darkling was scarier than bullets! He rubbed his belly where he was kicked, appreciative of the extra padding that absorbed the blow. He grumbled a bit, climbing on the orof wouldnt be so ba- wait, the barn roof!?

"You want me to run out there?!" He said nervously, he looked out the window, silently counting all of the zombies. 1...2...7...42...86...

He sighed in relief as he looked at the barn, "Never mind guys, look! There's someone on the barn already!" he said happily
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:48 pm

"What?!" Amber went to the window and looked at the barn.

"For almost a week, I've been here alone. All of a sudden there are three of you!"

Amber looked at the darkling, then the riverfolk.

"Don't trash the house," Amber said as she slipped out the back door, taking a box of ammo. The zombies seemed to be going their random directions, or clawing at the barn. Amber pulled her cloak over her (as if that would do any good) and charged through... to the stables.

Fortunately, the zombies were more engrossed in the woman on the barn and didn't care about the house or the stables. She big crate, and set the box of live ammunition inside, packed it with hay, and stuck it away from the buidling. Then she set crate on fire (Daemon: Hellfire). She then charged around, towards the front of the house.

When the ammunition started firing, and the zombies started towards the loud noise, Amber carefully made her way to the barn. As the zomibes ran around the back of the house, Amber took the front. She entered the barn, and pushed the ladder back into place. She then started to climb up.

"Come on!" Amber called in a loud whisper.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:10 pm

Jadyn laid on her stomach and covered her head instinctively when the ammo starting firing off. When she got her senses about her she looked up and saw the zombies heading towards the noise. "Damn, their not a smart lot. Not that I'm complaining." She mused to herself.

She got her footing and was starting to open the hatch in the barn when she heard a female voice whisper loudly to come on. Jadyn threw open the hatch and jumped down onto the loft below.

"If you're the one responsible for the diversion, then I thank you. I'm not the fondest of heights, but their the safest place to be. The names Jadyn Long."
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:16 pm

"Amber Stone. Come on, there's a few of us holding out in the farm house. There's ammunition and supplies in there. And you don't have to worry about heights."

Amber spoke coldly. She looked out the barn door and peered out.

"They're still distracted. Come on!"

Amber sprinted across the grounds to the front door.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:23 pm

Well I can't say it's a pleasure with the circumstances and all, but I'm sure you understand." Jadyn watched as Amber moved down the ladder, Jadyn was right behind her sliding down the outside of the ladder.

Jadyn moved to the opening of the barn after Amber had began sprinting to the farm house. She looked to make sure the zombies were still there and took off after Amber catching up with her quickly at the front door of the farm house.
Back to top Go down
Amber Stone
Hunted
Amber Stone

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:41 pm

Amber and Jadyn entered the house. Without pausing for introductions with the boys, Amber headed down into the cellar. She came up with a cauldron and put it on the fireplace. She then started back down.

"Would someone mind getting the fire started? Dinner will be stew tonight."

The red head disappeared beneath a house.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:47 pm

Not waiting for either of the manly males in the room to start the fire, Jadyn went over and put some kindling in the fireplace and got a fire going, the she threw on and bigger pieces of wood. Before long the fire was going well.

Jadyn would have started the stew by putting on the caulderon and adding the water, but she wasn't much of a cook.
Back to top Go down
Mathias
Fresh Meat
Mathias

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 10:55 am

Mathias waited for Amber to return. He didn't like waiting. Holding out in the house was the last thing he wanted to do. He would have much rather been fighting. But food did sound good.

"I'm going to secure one of the bedrooms upstairs. Try not to die," he smiled at the others ruefully and made his way up the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Outlet; Dead End   No Outlet; Dead End Empty

Back to top Go down

No Outlet; Dead End
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next