Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Fall of The City

Go down 
+11
Turken
Rizzen Vrinn
Leif
Edaw
Kyria
Aldion
Lopex
Guyver
James
Erron
Hunt the Dead
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Hunt the Dead
Tracker
Hunt the Dead

The Fall of The City Empty
PostSubject: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:25 pm

The world was once a beautiful and lush world.

The world was once a full and peaceful world.

And then The Ravaging happened.

Hordes of undead attacked the living, tearing and rending flesh.

And the world was forced by circumstances that were too violent to comprehend to gather in one small area called Nerin Toth.

However this was a fatal mistake. For when food is gathered into one spot, predators from all over flock to that one spot........................

*****************************************************************************************************************

The land of Nerin Toth was divided by the various factions who plotted and used politics to try to gain control.

The Civil Agents of The Fallen controlled the abandoned town of Dead Town, and allowed none to enter unless they were a part of the faction. The very rarely tolerated other factions and constantly preyed on the Unaligned, those who were not in a faction.

The Civil Agents of the Blood were mortal enemies of The Civil Agents of The Fallen and made their home in the abandoned city of Jemeroth. While they were mortal enemies, just like The Fallen, they too jealousy guarded their city and allowed none to enter unless they were a part of their faction. And like The Fallen, they enjoyed preying on the Unaligned, those not a part of a faction.

The Naturalists made their home in the lush green forests of Teseron Isle and the Chetheron and Frozen Wood and guarded them jealously, in fear of outsiders possibly being infected. However they turned none away who were seeking healing, and they always made it a point to travel to help heal the world.

The Pirates League kept their air ships and sea ships docked in both Parr Bay and the Eastern Keys and controlled Port Skell. While not all pirates were a part of the faction, most were. And those who weren't would never be able to count on the faction for help against the ones who hated them most: The Knights of Tomath.

The Knights of Tomath guarded the largest city, Peregren with an iron fist. While all were welcome in Peregren, violence of any sort was NEVER tolerated. Of course that didn't mean that it never happened. It just meant that one would have to make sure the Knights, never found out.

The Tothian Mage Guild closely safe guarded their hallowed libraries in the Ruins of Arcane Sanctuary. None were allowed to enter, ever, unless they were a part of the faction. And from their fortress and it's scrying pools, they kept a close watch on all.

The Blood Wizards
of the world were in constant fear, afraid one from the Tothian Mage Guild would find them and put them to death. With this being said, many fled to Peregren where violence was never tolerated. Of course this didn't mean that the occasional Blood Wizard didn't disappear in the middle of the night.

Acaetus Nimius have posted themselves in Greyshore. While anyone is allowed in Greyshore, everyone knows that Acaetus Nimius is the true law here. The assassin's guild is feared by nearly everyone, and the core members, the Seven Feathers of Silence are quite possibly the most dangerous individuals in the world. Of course none are more wary than their enemy: The Black Tulip Guild.

The Black Tulip Guild are known thieves and not many trust them. However everyone knows that when items are needed that aren't necessarily available there is none better to acquire said items. The guild usually allows others to enter into Medrath and Alameir, but one never knows if they are dealing with a normal citizen.....or one of the guild.

The cities are the only safe havens in the world now......and with the events that have destroyed it, it seems to be a much smaller place. And with factions controlling the cities.....the undead control all else.

MAP OF PEREGREN

The Fall of The City Peregren%20map

Last edited by Dice Roller on Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:46 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.huntthedead.com
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Erron stepped out onto the balcony and looked across the city using the odd telescope he had bought off of an inventive dwarf earlier in the day. It was from this vantage point he spied on what he was informed was the primary headquarters of Acaetus Nimius.

"And so it begins..."
Back to top Go down
James
Fresh Meat
James

Location : James is a ghost forever haunted by the still living Lopex.

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:17 pm

James sat in the the Quarters Inn. It was named so for being so close to the guards quarters of the city....which just also happened to be where the Knights of Tomath were primarily based. However James was no knight.

"Ahhhhh....ta be free o' that wee eejit, Lopex and 'is constant fumblin' about," he smiled putting his feet up on a table and leaning back smiling and enjoying his peace.
Back to top Go down
Guyver
Fresh Meat
Guyver

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:40 pm

A strange and dark figure come into the inn at the Bar.

Guyver says, "give me an ale as usual i don't like beer or scotch. Too Rich for my gut. Make it snappy i'm in a ruch today!"

As he waits he looks around and see james and another person talking with him.

Guyver says to himself, "I should keep my eye on those two, they can't be trusted because of my race."

The bartender gives Guyver his Ale in shaking fear and leaves him be. Then he drinks his ale while watching them to be cautious of there presence.
Back to top Go down
http://guyvergames.blogspot.com
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:49 pm

Guyver wrote:
A strange and dark figure come into the inn at the Bar.

Guyver says, "give me an ale as usual i don't like beer or scotch. Too Rich for my gut. Make it snappy i'm in a ruch today!"

As he waits he looks around and see james and another person talking with him.

Guyver says to himself, "I should keep my eye on those two, they can't be trusted because of my race."

The bartender gives Guyver his Ale in shaking fear and leaves him be. Then he drinks his ale while watching them to be cautious of there presence.

Erron watched the hellfolk known as Guyver, leave Greyshore and watched him head toward Peregren.

It took several hours, but Erron trailed him finally to the Quarters Inn in Peregren.

Erron entered the bar and leaned against it next to Guyver.

He then whispered to Guyver....

"Word is Acaetus Nimius has a food supply in Greyshore, and is refusing to help any of the townsfolk here in Peregren. What could a guy like you do for someone like me, to get me in to speak with the leaders of Acaetus?"
Back to top Go down
Guyver
Fresh Meat
Guyver

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Guyver then looks at him and says, "do i know you?"

Guyver says, "If not leave me be i'm trying to enjoy me ale"

*Guyver looks at him*

Guyver says, "There is one thing to get in. You must beat the guild master's apprentices in a few duals."

Guyver says, "its not that easy as it looks it you need help badly, theres just some terms to the duals."

*Guyver looks at him with a serious look*

Guyver says, "The terms are live or die, if you win you live if you loose you die. its very risky for someone outside the faction."

Guyver says, "Why would you entrust yourself from the advice of a hellfolk anyways? Not a very healthy choice of asking someone for help. hmm?"
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Guyver wrote:
Guyver then looks at him and says, "do i know you?"

Guyver says, "If not leave me be i'm trying to enjoy me ale"

*Guyver looks at him*

Guyver says, "There is one thing to get in. You must beat the guild master's apprentices in a few duals."

Guyver says, "its not that easy as it looks it you need help badly, theres just some terms to the duals."

*Guyver looks at him with a serious look*

Guyver says, "The terms are live or die, if you win you live if you loose you die. its very risky for someone outside the faction."

Guyver says, "Why would you entrust yourself from the advice of a hellfolk anyways? Not a very healthy choice of asking someone for help. hmm?"

"Hellfolk or not, I don't trust many people anyways. As for getting in, that's not my concern. You see I already have an "in". You. You're going to work for me. You're going to get me names, dates, locations. The people of this city need the food Acaetus is hording. And you're going to be the one who gets it for me."

Erron then ordered a second ale for the hellfolk.
Back to top Go down
Guyver
Fresh Meat
Guyver

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:24 pm

*The hellfolk looks at him and thinks about it*

Guyver says, "Give me a minute to think about this."

*Guyver thinks in his head and ponders about what he wants*

Guyver says, " No deal, I'm not meant for to be an errant boy!"

*Guyver takes the glass and throws the Ale on Erron's Face and punches him in the face and makes him fly onto a table and makes him break the table with his body weight*

Guyver says, "I don't think you know who your messing with."

*Draws his bastard sword and points it at Erron's throat*

Guyver says, "leave now or I'll take you life right here in this Inn and no one will like seeing fresh blood spilled on the floor."

Guyver says, "Your in no position with me to make me do things, i can careless about what happens as long as it doesn't bother me"

*He then puts his sword away and walks out as everyone coward in fear of his presence*

Guyver says, "Remember... force isn't the answer."

*Then he looks at erron and taps the side of his head a few times*

Guyver says, "Remember that, otherwise you'll regret it.

*Guyver then walks out of the Inn to get on with his business*
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Guyver wrote:
*The hellfolk looks at him and thinks about it*

Guyver says, "Give me a minute to think about this."

*Guyver thinks in his head and ponders about what he wants*

Guyver says, " No deal, I'm not meant for to be an errant boy!"

*Guyver takes the glass and throws the Ale on Erron's Face and punches him in the face and makes him fly onto a table and makes him break the table with his body weight*

Guyver says, "I don't think you know who your messing with."

*Draws his bastard sword and points it at Erron's throat*

Guyver says, "leave now or I'll take you life right here in this Inn and no one will like seeing fresh blood spilled on the floor."

Guyver says, "Your in no position with me to make me do things, i can careless about what happens as long as it doesn't bother me"

*He then puts his sword away and walks out as everyone coward in fear of his presence*

Guyver says, "Remember... force isn't the answer."

*Then he looks at erron and taps the side of his head a few times*

Guyver says, "Remember that, otherwise you'll regret it.

*Guyver then walks out of the Inn to get on with his business*

Erron smiled at Guyver as he left.

He then shot up and grabbed Guyver from behind by the back of his collar and slammed him to the ground. He quickly drew out his repeating crossbow and slapped Guyver in the face with it and then aimed it directly at his forehead, the tip of the crossbow bolt pushing into the Hellfolk's skin just slightly.

"Let me explain something, worm. You have no idea who or what you're dealing with. So this is how things are going to go down; you're going to meet me back here, behind the inn in the alley when the moon reaches it's zenith. If you are not here, I will hunt you down just like I followed you here. And I will kill you. I'll use that poisonous blood of yours to kill every single member of Acaetus, and there isn't one unholy thing on the planet that can stop me. You have no idea who I am, and it's best you never learn. Don't anger me again, and definitely don't disappoint me again. Be here at the appointed time or I'll find you."

He then got off of the Hellfolk and walked away, disappearing into a crowd, not to be seen again.
Back to top Go down
Guyver
Fresh Meat
Guyver

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:01 pm

*Guyver looked at Erron with a surprised look*

Guyver says, "Fine I'll do it, but you point that cross bow at me again that wouldn't be a wise idea."

*Guyver mumbles to himself and grumbles*

Guyver says, "Ahh my leather armor is all dirty!"

Guyver Mumbles, "That Prick better pay me for some clean ones. Grrr!"
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:18 pm

James wrote:
James sat in the the Quarters Inn. It was named so for being so close to the guards quarters of the city....which just also happened to be where the Knights of Tomath were primarily based. However James was no knight.

"Ahhhhh....ta be free o' that wee eejit, Lopex and 'is constant fumblin' about," he smiled putting his feet up on a table and leaning back smiling and enjoying his peace.

A large pint of ale was placed in front of James. The person that presented him with this gift swayed their hips and gave a cocky grin.

"Hey, stranger. Ya new in town?" winked Lopex....
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:22 pm

Lopex wrote:
James wrote:

A large pint of ale was placed in front of James. The person that presented him with this guest swayed their hips and gave a cocky grin.

"Hey, stranger. Ya new in town?" winked Lopex....

"Aye lass, I be new here and--"

"SON OF A BASTICH!!!!" James yelled. He started to jump up from his table but forgot he was sitting at it and slammed his knees on the bottom of the table...

WHAM!

"AHHH!!!!" which caused him to not only yell out in pain but to bring his head crashing down into the table as well...

WHAM!

SHLUMP!

....and bit his tongue.

"AH MUH THUNG! AH BITH MU THUNG! WHA TH' "ELL UH YOO DOOIN' 'ERE THOPEX!?"
Back to top Go down
Lopex
Fresh Meat
Lopex

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:30 pm

Lopex grabbed a chair, spun it around, sat down, and rested his arms on the chair's back. He then stared intently on his old friend. He gave a dopey grin, but remained silent.

Lopex hated to have to talk...
Back to top Go down
Aldion
Hunted

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 11:39 pm

The door to the Quarter's Inn swung open casually, everyone stared, but no one entered, well, no one at their height level at least. Punky made his way in without a care in the world, staring at people, occasionally squawking at ones who nearly stepped on him. He'd heard a familiar voice and began following it.

He came to a table where sat an angry drunk man, and a silent one. Punky mooed in excitement. He skittered up James's shoudler and waved at Lopex. He then looked at James, scowled, and bit his ear.

A black robed figure entered quietly, his left hand a metallic monstrosity. "Oh good, he does know you," Aldion said. "He said he heard someone familiar, but here I just thought the monkey was crazy."

Punky jumped onto an overhanging light and barked...
Back to top Go down
James
Fresh Meat
James

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:17 am

Lopex wrote:
Lopex grabbed a chair, spun it around, sat down, and rested his arms on the chair's back. He then stared intently on his old friend. He gave a dopey grin, but remained silent.

Lopex hated to have to talk...

"May me bithe me thung. Fekkin' eejit....GAH tha' hurt! What do ye want ye fekkin--"

Aldion wrote:

He came to a table where sat an angry drunk man, and a silent one. Punky mooed in excitement. He skittered up James's shoudler and waved at Lopex. He then looked at James, scowled, and bit his ear.

A black robed figure entered quietly, his left hand a metallic monstrosity. "Oh good, he does know you," Aldion said. "He said he heard someone familiar, but here I just thought the monkey was crazy."

Punky jumped onto an overhanging light and barked...

"GAH!! Keep tha' flea ridden mongrel away, aye. His bites almost as rabid as Lopex here. There be a reason ya bastards be botherin' a man while tried ta have some peace wit' his drink?"
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 8:22 am

Erron's made his way through the crowded street and circled back around the block to The Quarters again, losing the hellfolk in the process, and blending in with the crowd in the The Quarters (Stealth Lvl. 1 Ability: Ghost), and found a table in the corner of the tavern in the shadows and watched events unfold.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 10:03 am

Kyria woke up on the floor of a forest and 3 men eyeing her naked form greedily. She quickly made an attempt to cover her body and scuttled back in an attempt to get away from them. They continued to move towards her. Her hand landed on a thick stick and something instinctual kicked in and it wasn't long before the three were laid out upon the ground unconscious. She took one of their cloaks in order to at least cover herself and their coins so that she would be able to buy more clothing when she reached town.

Her body was weak, she didn't know who she was or where she was. She reached a town and found a place called the Quarter's Inn, she hoped that maybe someone would know her, could give her answers. She entered the inn stopped just inside the door and looked around, she swayed a bit before falling to the floor...
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 10:21 am

Kyria wrote:
She entered the inn stopped just inside the door and looked around, she swayed a bit before falling to the floor...

Erron sat in his shadowy corner and watched the darkling woman collapse to the floor. He took an interest in this, as most people who enter the inn were usually either drunk, or looking to get drunk. While the darkling woman had passed out, she certainly didn't seem drunk. And so he watched intently, while still trying to pay attention to Aldion, James and Lopex.

Two men rushed forward.

"Bah, she's a darkling," one of them said in disgust.

"Oh shut up Ignot. The racial hatreds of yesterday are long past, unless it's a hellfolk. The woman needs help," his friend said.

A barmaid quickly rushed to Kyria and started helping her sip water slowly, trying to revive her somewhat.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 10:34 am

Erron wrote:
Kyria wrote:
She entered the inn stopped just inside the door and looked around, she swayed a bit before falling to the floor...

Erron sat in his shadowy corner and watched the darkling woman collapse to the floor. He took an interest in this, as most people who enter the inn were usually either drunk, or looking to get drunk. While the darkling woman had passed out, she certainly didn't seem drunk. And so he watched intently, while still trying to pay attention to Aldion, James and Lopex.

Two men rushed forward.

"Bah, she's a darkling," one of them said in disgust.

"Oh shut up Ignot. The racial hatreds of yesterday are long past, unless it's a hellfolk. The woman needs help," his friend said.

A barmaid quickly rushed to Kyria and started helping her sip water slowly, trying to revive her somewhat.

Kyria felt the cool water at her lips. She opened her eyes to see the barmaid there with the glass. Kyria grabbed the glass and gulped down the water, while keeping the cloak held tightly around her body. "Thank you" She spoke in darkling.

"You're quite welcome! Where do you come from?" The barmaid maid asked in common. Kyria looked at her in an non understanding manner, the barmaid asked again in darkling."

Kyria got to her feet and was a bit unsteady but managed, she looked at the bar maid, ignoring her question, "I am in need of a room so that I may refresh myself." she said in darkling. The barmaid nodded her and moved off to get a key, as she kid Kyria looked around the room. Her eyes found Erron hiding within the shadows of the room. She stood and stared at him.

"Here ya go!" The barmaid returned with a key.

"Huh? OH! Thank you!" Kyria took the key and moved off quickly to her room...
Back to top Go down
Erron
Survivor
Erron

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 11:22 am

Erron caught the darkling woman glance at him. She seemed oddly familiar but he was convinced he had never seen her before.

Still, this was strange. But Erron was supposed to be meeting a very important contact here and didn't dare leave his spot until the contact arrived. It was his main informant thus far on the dealings of Acaetus Nimius and he couldn't miss this opportunity. And so he made his way to James' table.

"Two bottles of whiskey for ten minutes of your time," Erron whispered to James and glanced at Aldion.....
Back to top Go down
James
Fresh Meat
James

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 11:25 am

Erron wrote:
Erron caught the darkling woman glance at him. She seemed oddly familiar but he was convinced he had never seen her before.

Still, this was strange. But Erron was supposed to be meeting a very important contact here and didn't dare leave his spot until the contact arrived. It was his main informant thus far on the dealings of Acaetus Nimius and he couldn't miss this opportunity. And so he made his way to James' table.

"Two bottles of whiskey for ten minutes of your time," Erron whispered to James and glanced at Aldion.....

"Eh.....aye what ye be needin?" James questioned back trying to keep the voices low so Lopex couldn't hear.

"Aye....I'll be back in ten minutes. Have me whiskey ready," James replied.

James then made his way to the barmaid, and was told qhich room the darkling woman was given.

He then headed upstairs to the guest rooms... his boots sounded as if they echoed loudly on the wooden floor. He slowly walked up to the door in which was supposed to be the darkling woman's room and checked the doorknob.

It was unlocked.

He slowly began to turn the knob.
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:04 pm

Once in her room, Kyria moved over to a basin full of water. She splashed her face and looked in the mirror, she ran a finger down her image's cheek. "Who am I? Where am I?" she whispered in darkling.

She quickly twisted her head to the door when she heard the knob being messed with. She quickly and quietly moved over behind the door and awaited the intruder.
Back to top Go down
James
Fresh Meat
James

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:07 pm

James slowly creaked open the door keeping close to it and right next to it just to be safe, not realizing the darkling, kyria was on the other side of the door behind it.

"Ello? Is anyone here?"
Back to top Go down
Kyria
Survivor
Kyria

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 pm

James wrote:
James slowly creaked open the door keeping close to it and right next to it just to be safe, not realizing the darkling, kyria was on the other side of the door behind it.

"Ello? Is anyone here?"

Kyria reached out and grabbed the man by the back of the head and pulled him into the room. As she put him face down to the ground she kicked the door closed.

She straddled his back and locked his arms behind his back with her own and leaned down near his ear. "Who are you? Where are we?" She asked in darkling...
Back to top Go down
James
Fresh Meat
James

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City EmptySat Jul 25, 2009 2:15 pm

"ACK! GET OFF 'O ME YE DAFT WOMAN!!! I DINNAE COME 'ERE TO HURT---"

AGGGG!!! STOP BENDIN' ME ARM LIKE----

AGGGGG!!!!! I'M JUST 'ERE TO---

AGGGGGG!!!! WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WRONG ---

AGGGGGGG!!!! I'M GONNA KILL YE, YE DAFT BITCH!"

He yelled as loud as he could in pain and anger, as Kyria held him in place not allowing him to move.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fall of The City   The Fall of The City Empty

Back to top Go down

The Fall of The City
Page 1 of 17Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next